Gurtam is telematics and IoT solutions developer. Every day, our solutions change the game for absolutely different companies and help them solve most extraordinary problems for their businesses. We are proud to be the world leader and never stop bringing more to the world of telematics by establishing the first global annual competition of the IoT projects.
We value our partners and we equally value our team of professionals who help us shape the future of IoT. Our people work from different locations but sharing bold and unique ideas unites us.
At the moment we are looking for a Python Developer to join our team.
Our future colleague will take an active part in Gurtam product development. You will be responsible for designing and developing applications for working with tachographs and take part in other projects that complement the functionality of Wialon and are aimed at solving specific problems of users around the world.
More about the tasks
- Work on tasks from the backlog:
- Implementation of new functionality.
- Working on technical debt.
- Writing modules/libraries for common product needs.
- Participation in code review.
- Memory usage optimization.
- Solving architectural issues:
- Conducting technical research.
- Checking product hypotheses for feasibility.
- Development of technical standards.
- API design and documentation.
We will appreciate:
- Strong knowledge of Python 3.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with one of the web frameworks (Django, Tornado, Aiohttp).
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Analytic mind.
- Experience in writing unit tests.
- Independence and the ability to take responsibility for your work.
- Good communication skills.
How our work processes look like
The Engineering department is organized according to the principle of a matrix structure:
- we have functional departments (for example, Front-End, QA, Backend, etc.), which allows us to accumulate expertise within the department, regardless of what projects and tasks team members work on, as well as develop common standards for work.
- each functional department has a Team Lead, who is responsible for both the department's employees and the quality of decisions, and also helps with the distribution of employees to projects.
- all employees of the engineering department can be involved in either one or several projects and conduct their daily activities together with FrontEnd and Backend engineers, QA engineers, product managers and business analysts (we never limit communications and any employee can freely talk to anyone in the company).
- we strive for standardized processes (now it is an agile development), so that when a project changes, there is no need to additionally understand the question "how does the development process work on this project?".
- we practice moving employees between projects within our product, but we always take into account the opinion and workload of each engineer.
- in addition to project activities, there are also activities within functional departments to maintain standards and keep abreast of plans for the future.
The basic work day will include
- writing and reviewing code.
- communication with the front-end team and the project team, discussing emerging difficulties and other technical issues.
- communication with representatives of the QA, Backend and Product teams.
- work with JIRA.
- work with Gitlab.
Expectation from a probation period
- learning the basics of the product (structure, API, basic functionality).
- adaptation to work processes and the team.
- active interaction with the team to resolve work issues.
- in-depth study of Wialon Hosting.
- solving problems with the help of colleagues at the beginning and using the acquired knowledge for independent work in the future.
Being a part of Gurtam means:
- Work in an international company with offices all over the world and multiple options for cooperation
- Support from your team from the first day, you'll never feel alone
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of a global product used by businesses from 150 countries
- Feel safe and trusted with flexible work options without time or location tracking
- Enjoy your professional and business training, individual foreign language training, corporate library, 20 fully covered psychological sessions, team building events, corporate presents, health insurance
Please send your CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org