Universal Transit is the leading name in the logistics industry in the United States, offering top-notch car transport and logistics services across the country with 100% satisfaction.
We are looking for a Compliance Manager with an interest in law & logistics.
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Working Days: Monday - Friday 17:00 - 02:00, every other Saturday 17:00-00:00
Salary: Depending on experience
As a Transportation Compliance Manager, you will make sure that transportation (including pre/post transportation inspections) runs smoothly and efficiently in accordance with federal and state regulations.
You will be responsible for promoting safe and coherent operations of transportation, maintaining proper documentation, and overseeing accidents, safety issues, and client complaints.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of United States federal, state, and local regulations of FMCSA
- Understand expectations related to operational risk assessment and management
- Monitor compliance with regulations, pre/post trip inspections, safety standards, and inspections of FMCSA
- Ensure Procedure Compliance, meaning that all legally required inspections are planned (in advance) and carried out and documents are promptly filed and checked
- Update the agenda for all the necessary inspections
- Control of traffic citations and keeping violation reports up to date
- Ensure that all new/agency drivers complete license checks
- Monitor and manage driver`s working time infringements, carry out or arrange training as needed
- Make sure all the transportation processes are in accordance with the FMCSR
- Handle Claims Compliance from analyzing coverage to settling the claim
- Ensuring that transportation meets contractual, legal, regulatory, and policy requirements.
- Bachelor`s in law or a law-related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong English writing and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines
What we offer:
- Friendly working environment
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
Interested applicants should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job title with salary expectation in the subject line, for example: "Compliance Manager - GEL 0, 000"